Ahhhh… Thanksgiving! I am thinking that it is one of my favorite holidays of the year. There are no expectations, it is not over – hyped by the media, it is just a good meal and fun times with people you care about..
I am sure that by now, you have been bombarded with lists about what people are thankful for. Well guess what? You are about to be submitted with yet another by me. I am not going to go on about the no -brainers. I am very thankful for my life, family, friends, job, etc… I love you all and I need to start showing it better throughout the year that is for sure. Here is my list of some of the more obscure things that I am thankful for in no particular order:
1) Cargo Pants – Better looking than most jeans, more comfortable than dress pants, plus they can hold all of my crap!
2) Boats – Being in a boat out on the open water is the ultimate in serenity for me.
3) Football – Makes cold weather not seem so bad at all.
4) Beer – I have met some amazing people over the years and it was all due to gathering together to have a few beers. Combine beer with #3 above and I am one pleased individual
5) Metallica – Their music always pumps me up and gets me psyched up when I need to be. Except for anything off of their St. Anger album.
6) Key West, FL – This is a perfect location to escape when winter is wearing you out.
7) Spaghetti-O’s – Yeah they are not really good for me at all but I have loved them since childhood.
8) Domesticated Animals – Fun for eating or for pets! No I am not going to eat my cat so get that sick thought out of your head immediately! I hear cat is delicious though.
9) Sunrises & Sunsets – Yeah kind of cheesy but still quite an amazing sight. Put me on a boat to watch either of the aforementioned events, you just found my happy place.
10) Books – You have been my friend in many times of need.
11) Impromptu road trips – Exploration does free the spirit.
12) Coffee – Without it, everyday would start out crappy and probably continue that way.
13) Beer battered fish and Macaroni & Cheese – One of my favorite comfort meals of all time!
14) Early mornings – I am at my most productive before anyone else is even out of bed.
15) The Beatles – They were the first band that I was introduced to as a child. Maybe that is why to this day I still enjoy music that was before my time.
16) Shortcuts – When the traffic on Chicago expressways are at a standstill, I like finding the lesser known road and getting there faster. You would be amazed at how fast you can get where you need to to go outside of taking “expressways”
17) Pizza- It should be a food group in and of itself.
18) Fluticasone Proponate – I enjoy having my sense of smell back!
19) My Wife’s Sexy Arse – I hate it when she leaves but I sure do like watching her go! Mmmm…
20) Cascade Dishwasher Pellets – I hate, hate, hate doing dishes by hand and these things do an amazing job!
What is on your obscure Thanksgiving list?